Easy Use For Extra Herbs… Just Add Sea Salt!
Fresh herbs are so fragrant and vibrant! Did you know that instead of drying them, you can preserve them in sea salt? Eat your herbs throughout the year and boost your immune system. They are loaded with nutrients!
The great thing about herbs and recipes is you can pick out your favorite combination or use what you have on hand. The internet is loaded with different recipes and different ratios of fresh, chopped herbs to sea salt ratios.
Spring Mix Recipe
For our first blend, we used Parsley, Oregano, Chives, and Chive flowers that we grew. Chop up the fresh Parsley, Oregano, and Chives. But don’t chop the Chive blossoms. Gently separate the purple flowers from the stem. Our ratio was 1:1 A mixture of Course Sea Salt and Premier Research Labs Volcanic Pink Salt to Fresh Herbs. Mix everything together and put on a lined cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper. Stir the mixture several times through the next day. Put in an air tight container. Use as you would normal salt for a burst of flavor!
Health Benefits Of Herbs
- Parsley is a diuretic and may decrease fluid retention.
- Oregano fights infection and respiratory issues.
- Chives are related to Garlic. They can boost your immune system and they also contain Vitamin K for healthy bones!
- Premier Research Labs Volcanic Pink Salt contains trace minerals and aids in digestion
Italian Salted Herb Mix
For our second herbal blend, we used Garlic, Rosemary, and Sage. We used the food processor to mince the garlic and then hand chopped up the fresh Rosemary and Sage from the garden. Our ratio was 1:1 Course Sea Salt to Fresh Herbs. Mix everything together and put on a lined cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper. Stir the mixture several times through the next day. Put in an air tight container. Use as you would normal salt for a burst of flavor!
- Garlic is an AMAZING Superfood! It’s anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and fights infections!
- Rosemary contains antioxidants and is an anti-inflammatory
- Sage contains antioxidants and is an anti-inflammatory
- Sea Salt contains trace minerals and aids in digestion.
What Herbed Salt recipes have you tried. We love Garlic so make sure to share your favorite Garlic recipes!